Saturday, March 23, 2013

Weekend Runs, FSL Class, Canvas, and Overripe Tomatoes

Be Still and Know

Saturday runs/walks have been a great source of "pause" for me this past months.

The distance, the weather and the fresh air that gently brushes against my face 

each time I run along the old pavements of the campus 

let me rethink and reflect on so many things. 

It's really a heart workout!

Let's run soon!

:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Miss My Apron!


Overripe bananas are best for banana cakes.

Overripe mangoes for smoothies.

Overripe tomatoes?

This is another exciting "curiosity got the gourmand" moment!

I cooked Ispageti using half a kilo of overripe tomatoes.

The simplest ispageti recipe ever!

Just dance the kamatis (rinsed, seeded and quartered) around the pan until they morphed into

sweet, soft and pulpy fruit.

(Hmmm... Food for Thought: Sometimes, second chances can be the most significant turning point

in our walks. I could have just discarded the tomatoes. Oops! Stop me now!)

Add meat or chunks of tuna.

Season.

Add a cup of red sauce.

Add pasta.

Top with cheese.

Smile and serve.

yum!

:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FSL Class


Teacher Rommel is a gem from the College of Fine Arts.
An amazing painter.
An incredibly humorous person.
A dad, husband, friend.
He is Deaf.
Thank you very much, Teacher Rommel for sharing your life with us!
You rock! :)




No comments: